SimCensus - Players & Developers

Really excited about a new update? Had a major success on a game this week? Post ‘em here.
volka
Seedling

SimCensus - Players & Developers

Postby volka » Fri May 26, 2017 8:04 pm

I started this at the end of last year - you might’ve seen it linked somewhere earlier this year - but hadn’t checked the responses until last week. I discovered there were definitely enough answers to be a somewhat useful data set, but when I was compiling the different parts it became clear that I was missing representation from certain parts of the community. While the data showed a very diverse group of people, it was clear that it wasn't a complete picture. I’m branching out now to try to get some more answers, to give a more well-rounded picture that includes games and players of all types.

The goal is, as before, to collect some information that helps us to develop resources as a community to benefit to entire community. If you could take just a moment to fill out a few questions, even one answer makes a difference. All responses are anonymous, you can answer as many or as few as you like, or even save your responses to finish at a later date.

There has already been enough information provided to begin collecting resources to be shared. The numerical data has already largely been processed and applied to charts, this additional data will just result in the updating of the numbers. I am excited to release this information for both players and developers to see, and am planning to do so in August with the added responses I receive. If you are interested in seeing the current data or contributing some of your experience to the project, please contact me at [email protected].

http://www.simcensus.info
<div> </div>
qwigoqwaga
Advanced Member

Re: SimCensus - Players & Developers

Postby qwigoqwaga » Sat May 27, 2017 4:38 pm

How do we know if we've already taken it?
volka
Seedling

Postby volka » Sat May 27, 2017 8:45 pm

I wish I had an easy answer to that, but since it's not collecting any personal information and there are no logins, it's hard to say. Though it might be tracking your response status by use of a hashed version of your IP, if you had filled this out when I first posted it on VPL, that has been a few too many months to expect your IP to be the same (unless you have a static IP; most people don't).

The only thing I can suggest is maybe click through it and see if it's familiar? It is quite a long survey, longer if you're a developer, maybe if you had already filled it out just clicking through the questions will spark your memory? You can always exit and clear if you think you remember submitting one already.
Unknownhero
Advanced Member

Postby Unknownhero » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am

I'll take a look at this later, what kind of data are you getting from it? I don't think I seen it on VPL. 
volka
Seedling

Postby volka » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:23 am

I was trying to compile these results before the end of August, but it proved to be a much larger job than I anticipated and my other projects demanded a little more attention! Not to worry, though - this is still in process, and you can see the results as they are processed at the same url where the survey was. The full document of text answers will be released (and linked on the results page) as soon as the entire survey is finished, as I cannot guarantee that all specific information has been removed until I am finished.

I will post here again when it is fully completed!