Offering Writing for USD

For your selling needs that don't fit into any other category, such as whole games.
Nyanunix
Seedling

Offering Writing for USD

Postby Nyanunix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:46 pm

I've posted an introduction so if you want to know a little more about me, check that out.

I've recently been introduced to freelance writing and it's been suggested that I post an ad here, maybe make a bit of money. I'm already doing writing for Avian Myth.

I do a lot of roleplaying on other sites in addition to that.

As I'm fairly new to the scene, I'm charging 4 cents a word ($0.04) as a flat rate or whatever, but this pay change. I'd rather not write anything NSFW/sexual, but beyond that I'll do about anything. I'm open to working on longer projects, of course, paid on a project-by-project basis.

Unfortunately, I've heard too many horror stories from artists about not being paid for art, so I insist on a down payment ($10-$15 or so but it may be more if it's a big commission). This will be deducted from your total when I'm done.

You can email me at nyanunix@gmail.com or through this site.

The example below is one of the race descriptions for Avian Myth, written by me.
Called the ‘Fair Folk’ by many, elves tend to be tall, graceful, and beautiful, no matter their gender. Their men are usually lanky, while women may be described as willowy, and both genders are completely devoid of any body hair, besides their eyebrows and the hair on their heads. Both men and women can be seen sporting long hair in a variety of shades and styles, and gender has little influence on their lives, as most are at a point of seeing themselves as not wholly feminine or masculine; instead, they see themselves and everyone else as simply being people.

Elven culture is built on politeness and restraint; their long lives ensure that to cause offense to the wrong person will only get them a lifetime enemy. Their society is centered around nature - protecting it, being one with it, and, when needed, bending it to their will. Medicines, ideas, and ideologies seen as being not with nature, or unnatural, will often be rejected by an elf, and they may even grow offended with the person offering, if they have cause to believe it was an intentional slight.

Elves do not worship any sort of deity, though you may hear them refer to nature as being a person. Some are more spiritual than others, finding places deep in their forests to meditate and connect their soul with the earth, but it is rare to find an elf that has conformed to an outside religion.

Though many find it hard to believe, elven cities are in the trees of their beautiful and expansive forests - whether they’ve been there for such a time that the trees have moulded to their desires, or if they somehow used magic to grow them in the shape of houses and halls, no one knows.

Known throughout the world for their connections with magic and the natural world, elves are most suited for life as a mage or rogue, as every elf possesses an innate ability to wield magic - even the weakest elf mage is stronger than most humans. Elves also are usually incredibly agile - living in a forest will do that.

That said, elves are also physically weak, and most are unfit for a rough lifestyle.
pun

Re: Offering Writing for USD

Postby pun » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Working with Ny has been an absolute pleasure. They are a long term member of the Avian Myth staff and actively does all of our content/story line writing. Their work always exceed expectations, stays within a reasonable length to keep prices affordable and is always delivered well before deadline dates. Having Ny on the team has definitely benefited our crew. I would highly recommend them for any projects and am willing to answer any questions concerning my personal experience with them. Feel free to email me (located in my signature).
Cassaundra Brown
Owner/Programmer: Avian Myth
thecaseynova@gmail.com
Unknownhero
Advanced Member

Postby Unknownhero » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Hey I'll see about tomorrow if I'll have a job you can do. How do you feel about writing dialogue for npcs? I'll pm you later for the details
Nyanunix
Seedling

Postby Nyanunix » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:40 am

Can do. Let me know.