Hello!

New to GF? Introduce yourself! We want to say howdy.
Thistle
Advanced Member

Hello!

Postby Thistle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Hello there! I'm Thistlebird(or just Thistle, but I've noticed there's another of those floating around, so maybe Thistlebird to avoid confusion, haha). I joined GF a while ago and thought I'd make a proper introduction.

I joined my first sim game in late 2005, making it almost 9 years that I've been around the community. I've played just about every game out there under a slew of different names, but for now I'm sticking with Thistle/Thistlebird. I have seen games come and go and have cried, laughed, and rejoiced along with these happenings. I've met many wonderful friends and have learned so much from these games over the years. Although I am rarely involved in the communities of these games now, I really don't know what I'd do without them.

I am a dog lover, an amateur artist, and an avid birdwatcher, and most of my life revolves around these things.

Like so many others, I too have a game 'in development'. And by 'in development', I mean I only have an idea for a game and several pages of notes fleshing out this idea. I am currently learning PHP and continuing to flesh out ideas and features on paper. If all goes as I plan for it to, the game will be completed coded by myself and most, if not all, art will be done by my hands as well. This isn't because I am an overachiever(because I am way not), but simply because I am broke as heck and want to do whatever I can to cut down costs lol. I am currently keeping the idea under wraps so as to avoid any possible excitement over a game that may never come to be, which was the fate of my last idea, though that was several years ago and I had much less excitement and motivation for that game. Fingers crossed I can make this one happen!

So yeah, thats Thistlebird in a nutshell. (:
Find Me At...
<p style="text-align:center;">no where currently! :(
qwigoqwaga
Advanced Member

Re: Hello!

Postby qwigoqwaga » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Welcome to GF!

Awesome :D
I too have been learning PHP in order to make my own game ^^
oneunderscore
Advanced Member

Re: Hello!

Postby oneunderscore » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 pm

welcome to gf. enjoy your stay! feel free to post some of your art in the art forum. I also really want to get into birdwatching this summer!