Ello Everyone

New to GF? Introduce yourself! We want to say howdy.
GreyEffects
Seedling

Ello Everyone

Postby GreyEffects » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Ello, I'm Greyeffects. I was born in England and still live here. Akhal-tekes and Russian blues rule my life. I am also the owner of a classic forum based RPG-SIM called Champion blood. It is a pleasure to be here and meet you all :)
Unknownhero
Advanced Member

Re: Ello Everyone

Postby Unknownhero » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:57 pm

Welcome Grey to gamefruit! I didn't know forum based rpg are still around. Can you describe what the forum is about? Last one I heard about was years ago. We are having a chat party one week from today on the July 8th I hope you can join us there. 
GreyEffects
Seedling

Postby GreyEffects » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:39 am

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Unknownhero" data-cid="9347" data-time="1498953420">Welcome Grey to gamefruit! I didn't know forum based rpg are still around. Can you describe what the forum is about? Last one I heard about was years ago. We are having a chat party one week from today on the July 8th I hope you can join us there.
</blockquote>

Thank you Unknownhero!

I know of 2-3 that are still active, but yes sadly they are a dying breed. All the ones I know of including Champion blood (CB) have been struggling, but there are still people who enjoy the classic style ones.

I'm just writing a thread up now in game trackers for Champion blood, CB is all about just bring people together in a classic game and letting members choose how they want to play. One of the best feature would be that members get pick from all the world's speciese and breeds rather then being confined to the most common ones like most games. Though, horses current rule CB haha. You can check out the forum here, http://championblood.boards.net

Thank you for the invite! Hopefully I'll be able to attend :)
Unknownhero
Advanced Member

Postby Unknownhero » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:06 am

Sure I will check it out. We have a lot of horse stuff on this forum surprisingly. Like horse sims and such. Nothing detailed like a rpg though. A wolf rpg could work but I haven't seen them since forever. I think many of the horse players gotten their start in forum rpg and moved on from there back in the early web days.
Unknownhero
Advanced Member

Postby Unknownhero » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:55 pm

I checked out your site and realized it was running rather slow on my computer.  Have you considered moving to paid hosting and running a free forum from there? That could help with the speed issue and you won't have to pay proboard's expensive rates for a fully managed forum. It may also help with getting new people to join the forum if it wasn't so laggy at the beginning. Not the mention no ads!

Also look into reducing the images sizes to under a 1 megabyte so new users won't have to download too much on their mobile devices. This may be the factor that is affecting speed on the site too. It'll make scrolling much smoother and easier on the eyes from the lagging. This should help bring in new users more.