Multiple Accounts!

General design from the ground up.
Unknownhero
Advanced Member

Multiple Accounts!

Postby Unknownhero » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 am

Do you allow players to have multiple accounts on your game. Is there any downside allow players to create/buy multiple accounts for your game?

Is your game free to play and you disallow multiple accounts for one player. How does that work out? Assuming players can easily evade the rule and have accounts you don't know about. Example: Player uses mobile internet/ free wifi for one account and home internet for another account.
qwigoqwaga
Advanced Member

Re: Multiple Accounts!

Postby qwigoqwaga » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:00 am

I was thinking about this the other week. I used to like when sites would allow you to have multiple accounts, but now I just don't see the point. If it's a case of you can only have a limited number of pets or something, why not just increase the limit? The only reasonable case I can think of is if there are different options for how to play the game, like different classes of account basically.
Unknownhero
Advanced Member

Re: Multiple Accounts!

Postby Unknownhero » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 pm

There is a few benefits from having multiple accounts. If you don't want to play with your friends, you can play on your secret account. I as a developer will have multiple accounts regardless just to test out different areas of the game on the live server to make sure everything is working correctly. Testers may need different accounts for testing reasons of course.

Having multiple accounts should have no way to give players an advantage over other players. So make sure you structure the game design to not allow such an advantage. Its inevitable that players will have multiple accounts if you forbid them to or not.